Monday, March 10, 2014

Winding Creek - oil on panel, 14 x 11 inches

Click here to purchase. It was 83F the day I painted this, and the next day an ice storm blew in and dropped the temperature to 20F with a windchill of 4F. 

I usually don't go too far to find subjects for my paintings. There is ample subject matter everywhere, provided you're feeling poetic and open enough to respond to it. Some days, forget it. I'll spend countless hours driving to find something inspiring, only to realize it's my own mood inhibiting me. Other times I have to just make myself start working on something, and the inspiration follows. Most of my paintings are done in the city--parks make for a nice place to set up, since they're public land. This creek is in a park and I liked the vantage point, looking down over the water.
In action.