Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Spring Paintings, part I

1st St., Deer River. 11x14 inches, oil on panel.
$520 - click here to purchase.
Here is the first batch of paintings I've been working on this spring. My wife and I are living in Grand Rapids, MN for the next few months, so I've been painting around the area.
Hay Barns. 9x12 inches, oil on panel.
$360 - click here to purchase.

There are a lot of farms in this part of the state, along with a big presence of the logging industry. 
Mississippi River at Pokegama Dam 2. 9x12 inches, oil on panel.
$360 - click here to purchase.

Mississippi River at Pokegama Dam 1. 9x12 inches, oil on panel.
$360 - click here to purchase.
The headwaters of the Mississippi River are about 1-1/2 hours west, but the river runs through Grand Rapids and a few of the smaller surrounding communities. 
Portage Park. 9x12 inches, oil on panel.
$360 - click here to purchase.

Railroad Ties. 8x10 inches, oil on panel.
$270 - click here to purchase.

There are a lot of lakes and streams here so I've been having fun with all the natural water. I have a few paintings of Mississippi River tributaries that I will post next.